The EB-3 classification is open to foreign nationals with at least two years experience as skilled workers, professionals with bachelors’ degrees and the following:

  1. Professionals with Bachelor’s degrees who do not qualify for either categories EB-1 and EB-2, or
  2. Aliens with at least two years of experience as skilled workers, professionals with a baccalaureate degree, or
  3. Unskilled Workers who can contribute abilities unavailable in the US


Your employer should file-in USCIS Form I-140 Petition for Alien Workers with the USCIS Regional Service Center that has jurisdiction over the location of your employment. EB-3 petitions also require an approved Labor Certification (Form ETA 9089) from the Department of Labor.

  1. Evidence of an offer of permanent employment from a U.S. employer
  2. Skilled workers should have at least two years experience, either through hands-on experience or through post-secondary education.
  3. Professionals should have either a U.S bachelor’s degree or a foreign equivalent degree.

Dehra Miotke offers advice on the appropriate EB3 category based on the offered position, foreign worker’s background and other factors. In addition, we provide assistance with all stages of the EB3 “green card” case from filing the labor certification application until the final stages of green card processing which is completed either through processing or adjustment of status in the United States.

Comments are closed.